FULL REVIEW COMING SOON!
The original Power Lift Trainer has been updated for 2013 and renamed the Adidas Powerlift 2.0. This shoe boasts a handful of improvements and a totally new design that helps with stability and performance . The upper material appears to be similar to the AdiPower shoe and the available colors are much more vibrant than the previous model. This version will still retail for $90 US making it one of the better priced trainers on the market. We are curious if the heel construction is actually different or if the notches displayed in the midsole are just for styling vs. functionality.
Adidas has been kind enough to send me a test and evaluation pair of the Power Lift 2 – when it arrives I will be posting a full review. Until them, enjoy this photo of the new trainer. It is very “Captain America” ain’t it?
The most more important feature for a weightlifting shoe is improving stability. This is the purpose of the new men’s Powerlift 2.0 – keeping you stable in your lifts. It is made with a wide, solid base and a higher-density midsole than you would find on your average trainer. The light mesh upper and an instep strap provide solid support with flexion in the needed areas.
- Mesh and synthetic leather upper for light weight, support and durability
- Comfortable textile lining
- Single instep strap for additional rearfoot integrity
- Weight-distribution plate
- Weightlifting-engineered, high-density die-cut midsole wedge for lightweight stability
- NON MARKING rubber outsole; Traction pattern for grip